Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goodbye Sunday, Hello Monday~~

Today’s Sunday. And that implies that weekend is almost over. *Sigh. If I were to plot a graph on my happiness level vs days, it would definitely look like this;


Hahaha.. Indeed my system is exceptionally dormant on the very beginning of the week. And would be incredibly full of life by weekend. Mind you that I’m talking about my mood here. Hence, it is forgiven for me to wake up very late on the weekends, couch potato-ing all day long, endless-counting-of-shopping-staircase mission, et al because that is the major contributing factors of my sky-scraping happiness level. ;p

Even so, my happiness level for last week has been declining. Last week was the meeting week for me. Masses of meetings to be attend. Sitting all day long being the spectator of all sort of argument, judging which member has the highest pitch, and which member has the likelihood to win the boiling point contest, remember the one in AXN, or is it E-channel, on those who is able to tolerate on what being done to them, at a certain time interval will win $100, was very backbreaking.

Okay, that one is only applicable for the normal committee member of the meeting, but being the secretary is much more demanding. After ting-tong-ting-tong-ing, it’s-not-my-duty, tai-chi-ing kind of thing, it’s then left to the secretary to vigilantly word the statement to be minuted. Apparently, it’s actually easier said than done, especially when the chairman is not helping at all, and worst involved in every argument they had!! Urghh, seems that this company had the policy of must-argue before they can come out with some sort of mutual agreement.

One solution is to constantly ask on what have been decided in the meeting. But hey, it would definitely look bad to them as if you’re not paying attention to the meeting. So as to jaga your air muka, just put an i’m-aware-of-what’s-going-on face and pretend that you understand every single word of their so-called discussion. And later, when the minute writing part comes, simply ask and say that it’s just for a confirmation.

As argument is part and parcel of the meeting conducted, I get to see loads of unsatisfied faces throughout the weeks. Honestly, I don’t like what I saw. I am in the opinion of, argument is not the best approach for any problem-solving, be it for work, personal or family. People should negotiate instead of arguing. The world would sure be a better place to live if all is about negotiating. Hmm, let’s not elaborate on this matter as I am no expert.

Anyhow, I praise upon myself for being tranquil enough to have survived the whole intense week.A+++ for me. ;p

4 comments:

@LiYaNNuaR ツ on November 9, 2008 at 10:45 PM said...

hate Monday... semacam Garfield lah!

dir&fara on November 9, 2008 at 11:49 PM said...

kak!! nanti amik awrd tuk kakak kat label award ye..

Anonymous said...

wow! siap buat graph!

dzu amri on November 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM said...

@LiYaNNuaR: me too.. me too.. ;p

::diR & faRA::: okeh, akan ku ke sana buat tuntutan.

Fadlyna: untuk menunjukkan keseriusan betapa tak bestnya monday..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Friends